Mailgun seems to be how current businesses handle email. The platform’s simplicity of use and world-class support, plus strong APIs enable smart developer teams to reach actual consumers at scale using a data-driven strategy, allowing their company to grow more quickly. Send & track transactional and marketing communications with ease. Prevent fraudulent signups and rapidly erase incorrect email accounts from your list. Collaborate with email professionals to increase deliverability & conversion rates.
History of Mailgun –
Mailgun was established in 2010 in response to a shortage of the developer-friendly, API-based email services. The aim was to make it as easy as possible for developers to incorporate email functionality into your programme. Since then, we’ve remained laser-focused on deliverability while avoiding flashy items that won’t influence your success.
Mailgun now assists thousands of businesses and top brands all over the world in sending billions of dollars of mail each year. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished, and this is just the beginning.
For Transactional Email Software, Mailgun is not the only choice. Investigate other competing & alternative possibilities. Commercial Email Software is a popular technology, and several people are looking for dependable, effective software solutions that include analytics & problems. Other key aspects to consider while looking for Mailgun alternatives are functionality and customer service. Sendinblue, SocketLabs, Twilio SendGrid Email API, & Elastic Email are among the solutions that reviewers chose as the absolute best alternatives & competitors to Mailgun.
Mailgun terminated its permanently free plan in early 2020, which may have you looking for some lower and/or more useful Mailgun competitors.
Mailgun is among the most widely used transactional email solutions. However, this does not imply that it is your only option. There are a number of options that provide comparable functionality at a considerably cheaper cost.
It might be difficult to narrow down the finest choices. The proper email marketing software might make your life simpler, but the wrong one can introduce new complications. Fortunately, we have an answer!
In this post, we’ll look at the features given and the price tag to see if Mailgun is worth the investment. We’ll next go through four of the finest less expensive options you can use.
Is it worthwhile to invest in a Mailgun?
In a nutshell, transactional emails vary from marketing emails. These are one-to-one emails that are sent automatically in response to predefined events. The recipient will be anticipating these in their mailbox as well. Transactional emails come in a variety of forms, including password resets, receipts, bills, and trial expiry notices.
These emails are often sent using email sending services such as Mailgun. Nonetheless, Mailgun provides a plethora of services in addition to transactional emails, such as:
- Delivery timetable
- Handling bouncing emails
- Routing and forwarding using intelligence
- Handling of complaints
- Tracking of events and emails in great detail
Whereas these features are excellent for the majority of consumers, the price is not. Mailgun no longer has a free plan, as well as the lowest option is now on a (PAYG) pay-as-you-go system, with 6,000 free emails a month for the first three months, followed by PAYG.
The other services will not be included, & the lowest subscription with 50,000 emails costs $35 per month.
One of the causes why so many Mailgun customers are seeking for cheaper options is the lack of an unlimited free plan. If you find yourself in this scenario, there are several different software vendors to consider. Some of these carriers provide unlimited free plans, while others offer entry-level plans at a lower comparable price.
Four Mailgun options for transactional emails that are less expensive.
Alternatives to Mailgun that are less expensive may be tough to come by. To make the selection easier, we’ve narrowed it down to some outstanding options. These alternatives are likely to provide equivalent functionality at such a cheaper cost.
Sendinblue is capable of far more than just sending transactional emails. It is a one-stop shop that takes care of your whole email marketing process. The package of services acts as a one-stop store for all of the marketing requirements. Furthermore, because our headquarters are in France, customers can be certain that all of your emails comply with GDPR regulations.
The following are some of the major highlights:
- Sms and Email marketing: This programme allows you to send sms and Email marketing messages.
- Marketing automation: Automated list segmentation & email marketing save time.
- To enhance your emails, you may use detailed statistics such as email reporting tools & click-through reports.
Sendinblue does have potential to be such a full-fledged customer relationship management system (CRM). This gives it a leg up over Mailgun. Another incentive to consider switching is the free plan. The free plan, though, does not provide you complete access to all of the features.
Sendinblue has five different payment options. The free plan, which includes 300 emails each day, is the ideal place to start. You will get unlimited contacts and accessibility to chat, SMS marketing, and the complete email template library.
API, e-commerce plugin, SMTP Relay, and email marketing are just a few of the configuration choices accessible. You may easily customise the order confirmation emails, change your password, and other alerts by selecting one of them that is best appropriate for a particular application.
Intuitive drag-and-drop editor that allows users to create professional-looking designs in a matter of seconds. Also, provides pre-made email templates that anybody may wish to meet their needs.
It also has SMS marketing & live chat capabilities in addition to email marketing.
Another noteworthy element that automates the procedure is automation. All you must do is define the rules and circumstances, and the programme will take care of the rest.
Free – A user can deliver 9000 emails (as 300 emails per day) to limitless contacts for free once each month.
Lite – $25/month ($22.50/month if purchased annually) for 40,000 mails.
Essentials – $39 per month ($35.10 per month if purchased annually) for 60,000 mails.
Premium – $66 per month for 120,000 emails ($59.40/month with yearly purchase) & $173/mo for 350,000 emails ($155.70/month with yearly purchase).
Mailjet could be the best option if you’re seeking such a user-friendly alternative. Marketers & developers will benefit from the software. Marketers may generate compelling emails using the component architecture without disrupting the integration APIs.
The following are the most significant features:
- Drag-and-drop email builder: With the simple builder, you may design your personal email templates.
- Sms and Email marketing: The commercial email suite includes an SMS marketing API.
- Email analytics: You can track your effectiveness using real-time monitoring & email statistics.
Mailjet is highly user-friendly and has a lot more to offer. While this makes it a compelling option to Mailgun, the free version may entice you to sign up. Multiple tiers are available in the premium plans to help you scale the marketing efforts.
Mailjet has four different plans to choose from. There are no contact limitations on the free account, which allows you to send 200 emails each day. APIs, sophisticated analytics, as well as an email editor are also available.
Whenever it comes to integration, SendGrid distinguishes itself from the competition. The system was designed from the bottom up to operate with other programmes. Uber, Glassdoor, & Spotify are among the firms that have adopted the integration.
Aside from unrivalled integration, the following aspects stand out:
- User-friendly automating: The automation method is simple to use and is based on basic triggers.
- You may preview, spam test, & conduct link validation on the emails to get the much out of them.
- Email template builder: While the drag-and-drop builder is simple to use, you may use the HTML to construct the emails.
If you wish to connect the emails with the site as well as other software solutions, SendGrid is the good alternative to Mailgun. To help you get started, the firm offers a variety of manuals, video lessons, & webinars. You may also take full advantage of a completely free plan.
SendGrid offers four different options. For the first 30 days, the basic plan includes 40,000 emails, after which it drops to 100 emails each day. You’ll get accessibility to all APIs & statistics as well.
4. SES (Amazon Simple Email Service)
Whenever it comes to reliability & cost per email, Amazon SES is unbeatable. The only concern is the system’s learning process. Large organisations who employ the system, such as HBO, Siemens, & Vodafone, attest to its performance.
Aside from deliverability, the following qualities stand out:
- Sender credibility management: The dashboard keeps track of problems that influence email delivery.
- You may use a mailbox simulator to see how the emails manage different scenarios, such as bounces.
- Integration with AWS: If you utilise AWS, you’ll receive smooth integration throughout the board.
Amazon SES provides unrivalled deliverability, which might help the email marketing campaign succeed. One of the reasons it’s a good option to Mailgun is because of this. Another option is the free basic plan.
Plans for Amazon SES are pay-as-you-go. You’ll just have to pay $0.10 every 1,000 emails sent.
Furthermore, if the application is hosted on Amazon EC2, Amazon will allow you to send 62,000 emails each month for free indefinitely. However, if you host the application elsewhere, you won’t be able to use this free tier.
It has incredible features such as content screening technologies, unique IP addresses, as well as a reputation dashboard that not just protects brand’s reputation and also ensures that the emails reach the inbox of your customers.
Amazon SES provides a number of ways to track the success of your email campaign. It provides information on the whole email response funnel, including how many emails were sent, how many emails were delivered, how many receivers read emails, how many receivers were designated as spam, and so much more.
It can also be linked with Amazon S3, AWS IAM, Amazon EC2, Amazon WorkMail, Amazon SNS, AWS Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon CloudWatch, and other AWS services.
You can send 62,000 emails every month for free, after which you will be charged $0.10 every thousand emails sent.
5. Email API from Netcore (formerly Pepipost)
Netcore Email API (previously Pepipost) offers a cloud-based commercial email delivery infrastructure that is dependable, scalable, secure, and simple to use, but at a very high cost. We assist startups and businesses in engaging with their consumers via email at the appropriate time and with the correct content. APIs that are dependable. You can use either SMTP or HTTP.
Plans for Email API Pricing
Free Plan – This is a lifetime free plan that allows you to send 40,000 emails for the first 30 days and then 100 emails each month after that.
The Most Important Plan-
- For $14.95 each month, you may send more than 40,000 emails.
- Send more than 90K emails for $29.95 each month.
Plan for Success –
- Send 100K emails for $89.95 each month.
- Send up to 300,000 emails for $249 per month.
- For $449 per month, you may send up to 700,000 emails.
- Send 1.5 million emails for $749 each month.
- If you have more than 1.5 million, you must contact them.
Premier Plan – This is a bespoke plan, and you’ll need to email them for a quotation.
MailerLite is a simple-to-use email marketing platform that allows anybody with any degree of experience to build professional-looking campaigns. All of the functionality you want at a price that small companies can afford.
MailerLite is a relatively new player in the world of email marketing, as its youth is reflected in its design, functionality, and customer service. Not in the sense of being “young, wild, and having a good time!” ‘ style, and more of a ‘contemporary, clean, and minimalist’ style. Maybe it has anything to do with the fact the average age in the office is 25? Whatever it may be, it appears to be working for them.
MailerLite is also a more worldwide tool than some others we’ve evaluated, reflecting their personnel and beliefs. This interface is available in 5 different languages, and its customer service representatives are located all over the world. There’s also a smartphone app! Currently, it’s only accessible on iOS.
MailerLite has a Free Forever option, so even when you begin charging, it’s still less expensive than many other services. Prices for 1,000 subscribers start at $10 but include unlimited emails & user accounts. Its user-friendly interface makes it an excellent choice for beginners.
Web-based email campaigns software that assists business owners in creating permission-based mailing lists, increasing conversion ratios, increasing profitability, and increasing consumer trust.
The following are some of GetResponse’s major features:
GetResponse’s marketing automation functionality allows you to create scalable processes based on client journeys. Action-based autoresponders enable the production of tailored one-to-one emails that are activated by relevant recipient activities. GetResponse also offers powerful segmentation capabilities, which allow customers to break the contacts into subgroups & personalise emails to them.
GetResponse provides a simple drag-and-drop search engine builder which allows users to construct fully responsive landing pages & online forms. In only a few minutes, business marketers may create web pages for webinars, sales, thank yous, about-me, opt-ins, and downloads. GetResponse also allows customers to test, evaluate, and optimise their pages in order to improve conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting —
GetResponse offers a powerful reporting tool. A few easy reports show right on the dashboard, providing a quick snapshot of online campaigns in raw statistics and a pie chart. Clicks, opens, unsubscribes, complains, and bounces are all shown in line & bar graphs in the Email Analytics area. Users may also see which members from their email list took part in any particular activity for each report.
GetResponse’s webinar technology works perfectly with its email marketing platform, allowing customers to hold product launches, demos, and training sessions. Presentation sharing, polling, desktop sharing, chat moderation, attendance management, and VoIP capabilities are among the features. GetResponse also allows customers to choose whether the webinar would be password-protected or accessible to the public.
8.SendPulse – A Free Mailgun Alternative
SendPulse is just a multi-channel marketing service that is also a popular Mailgun alternative. It offers a user-friendly and proactive UI that makes novices’ jobs simpler.
SendPulse has risen to prominence in the marketing world by combining a variety of services such as SMS, email marketing, Web push notifications, & transactional emails into a single platform.
You may send email messages to your subscribers straight from your site, CRM, or other apps by utilising the SMTP API. Furthermore, if you wish to send emails using the SMTP Relay services, all you have to do is enter the SendPulse account’s server address, login, port, and credential into the application then you’re good to go.
Sendpulse provides a detailed report that includes delivery rates, open and click rates, spam complaints, inbox placement, and other information. To optimise the success of the marketing campaign, keep your eye on such email analytics on a regular basis.
SPF (Sender Policy Framework) & DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) records are available. These technologies ensure that your email does not end up in spam bins.
SendPulse has quarterly and seasonal payment options.
- 12,000 emails – absolutely free
- $8.85/month ($69.03 annually) for 25,000 emails
- $16.85/month ($131.43 annually) for 50,000 emails
- $74.85 per month ($583.83 per year) for 100K emails
- $124.85 per month ($973.83 per year) for 2000 emails
- 300,000 emails for $174.85 per month ($1,363.83 per year)
- $274.86 per month ($2,260.83 per year) for 500K emails
- $572.85 a month ($4,312.23 annually) for 1 million emails
- 2 million emails – $960.85 per month ($7,915.83 per year)
- $1,719.85 per month for 5 million emails (13,414.83 yearly)
9. Pepipost is a low-cost alternative to Mailgun
Pepipost has become one of the lowest Mailgun alternatives, allowing you to deliver 100,000 emails for only $17. If you own a new business or are just starting out, Pepipost is a great option.
Delivered emails, opened emails, bounces, unsubscribes, drops, spam reports, invalids, & anything else you require to know about the campaign’s performance are all displayed in real time. This actionable data can help you enhance the performance of your next campaign.
Pro customers have the ability to create numerous sub-accounts & manage them all from the master account.
HTTPS and TLS are supported by its API & SMTP servers for secure connection.
For the very first 30 days, the free plan enables you to deliver 30,000 emails; after that, you can deliver 100 emails each day for free.
- 150,000 emails for $25 per month ($17.5 per year)
- 400,000 emails for $85 per month ($59.5 per year)
- 600,000 emails for $145 per month ($101.5 per year)
- $245 per month ($171.5 per year) – 1,000,000 emails
- $445 per month ($311.5 per year) – 2,000,000 emails
10.Flowmailer – A European Mailgun Alternative
Flowmailer is a European commercial email delivery service that is the most GDPR compliant of the Mailgun alternatives. It concentrates on European Union-based infrastructure to maintain optimal service rates & data control.
Flowmailer is now the leading transactional email delivery company in the Netherlands, and its dependability, functionality, and professional support are gaining traction in the rest of Europe.
You may manage all emails sent out by your company using Flowmailer’s SMTP API. Whether it’s your website, ERP, CRM, CDP, or something else entirely.
Every email sent by Flowmailer generates insight, allowing you to see your basic open and click rates, and also the precise moment the email was sent to Flowmailer. This provides you with all of the necessary information.
To begin mailing using Flowmailer, you’ll need SPF and DKIM records. This not only provides better delivery rates, and also ensures that the platform is as reliable as possible.
Flowmailer is the most powerful platform for transactional communication, with capabilities like archiving, PDF creation, bounce management, and more.
Flowmailer has monthly and annual price options.
Go, Flowmailer! (Includes everything plus licencing)
- For €89,- you can get 25,000 emails.
Pro (includes everything plus licence and professional phone assistance)
- Starting from €249,- for 25,000 emails
Kingmailer is the simple Mailgun replacement. Its SMTP service is only available for transactional emails & email routing.
E-commerce companies, membership websites, news organisations, & online forums can all benefit from it.
- Results in real time
- Checking for spam
- Deals with spam complaints.
- Rest API (Application Programming Interface)
- Statistics on email
- Logs and message archiving
Begin with a 14-day free trial. The pricing is based on a monthly email volume of 5,000. Bitcoin, credit cards, and PayPal are all accepted methods of payment.
- 59 dollars per year (58 percent discount)
- $89 for two years (68 percent discount)
For optimum deliverability, use Inbox Road, a Mailgun alternative –
Whenever email deliverability is important to you, Inbox Road is the ideal option to Mailgun. It specialises in maximising delivery with the aid of a specialised account staff, regardless of the amount of emails sent.
Their staff of seasoned email deliverability professionals will ensure that you receive the highest possible deliverability. On the trip to the inbox, Inbox Road provides all you need.
- Access towards any front-end or bespoke email solution using SMTP relay and APIs.
- Warm-up plan on your dedicated IP – Tailored warm-up period to assure deliverability of above 99 percent.
- Dedicated help from a personal reliability specialist – Work with the support staff to maximise the email ROI.
- Continuous monitoring by Inboxroad – Inboxroad can keep track of your progress and provide assistance as needed.
- Basic – 69 dollars per month for 100,000 emails
- Pro – $139 per month for up to 250,000 emails
- Premium – $349 per month for a million emails
- Bespoke — For monthly quantities of further than 1,000,000 emails, contact Inboxroad for a custom package.
Another Mailgun option is Moosend, which is another low-cost SMTP for delivering transactional emails. It’s an all-in-one advertising platform that includes marketing automation, landing pages, reporting and segmentation, analytics, subscription forms, and much more.
- You can design professional emails with the drag and drop editor that attract more clicks.
- Your email list may be segmented, and you can deliver personalised emails to every member, making them feel more unique.
- The automation from Mooosend may connect to a variety of eCommerce systems, including WooCommerce, Magento, Zen Cart, PrestaShop, and many more.
- For $10 up to 2000 subscribers
- For $20 up to 4000 subscribers
- The cost is $30 for up to 4000 members
- For $40 up to 8000 members
- For $55 up to 10,000 members
Elegant Email is the dependable email verification engine that can be set up in about 3 minutes. Simply register for an account, obtain an API, and incorporate the tools into the website or current application. In just a few minutes, you can start delivering transactional & promotional emails to the subscribers using conventional SMTP setup.
- Joomla, Zapier, Drupal, WordPress, Cloudways, Sendy, Mailpoet, easysendy, as well as other third-party systems may all be integrated.
- The real-time report contains all of the essential indicators that will assist you in making better educated decisions about how to optimise the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns & maximise ROI.
- You will receive a notification on significant email occurrences with Webhook, ensuring that you do not miss any vital information.
- API for email – $0.09 per 1000 emails
- Pro Email API – $0.10 per 1000 emails Plus $1 per day
Postmark – Mailgun Competitors
Another excellent Mailgun option for delivering transactional emails is Postmark. It also comes with pre-made mailing lists for transactional emails including password resets, welcome mails, user invitations, thank you messages, trial expirations, and comment alerts that anybody can customise to their requirements.
- Postmark handles all of the difficult things on their end, such as IP reputation, reverse DNS, blacklists, feedback loops, and other protocols, and ensures that everything is set up correctly to ensure maximum deliverability.
- They maintain computer servers in three separate parts of the world to guarantee that your emails are never lost. Furthermore, it uses N+2 redundancy, the most up-to-date encryption, and security assessments to keep the data safe and secure.
- Its Webhooks transmitted notifications about message events including delivery, clicks, bounces, opens, & spam compliance to your application automatically.
- For a monthly fee of $10, you may receive 10,000 emails.
- 50,000 emails for $50 each month
- For 125,000 emails, you’ll pay $100 each month.
- For 300,000 emails, the monthly fee is $200.
- For 700,000 emails, the monthly fee is $400.
Sparkpost is a wonderful alternative to Mailgun and the most trustworthy email delivery service. It features a user-friendly, straightforward, & smooth interface that everyone can understand. It also has a 99.99 percent uptime guarantee.
- A wide range of features are available, including a strong real-time analytics report, customizable email templates, and much more.
- Bounces, spam complaints, as well as ISP replies are all tracked by Sparkpost’s sophisticated actionable analytics. All of these indicators assist you in identifying difficulties before they become serious problems for your company.
- It supports DKIM, DMARC, & SPF email authentication technologies to validate email addresses and has a number of APIs.
Sparkpost has three priced options to choose from. It also includes a trial account for testing the tool’s functioning.
Starter Strategy –
- – For 50K emails, it costs $20 per month.
- -$30 per month for 100,000 emails
- – For 100K emails, it costs $75 per month.
- – For 250K emails, it costs $170 per month.
- -$290 for 500K emails each month.
- – $525 per month for 1 million emails
Enterprise – If you wish to send 5 million or more emails, you must contact the business for a price.
SMTP2Go is another frontrunner in the lists of Mailgun competitors. Since 2006, it has been involved in email delivery. It takes care of ISP throttling, DKIM, blacklist monitoring, blocked ports, reverse DNS, and other issues on their end, ensuring that emails get in the inbox of consumers.
- Whether you’re sending the emails from the US or the EU, they get a data centre near you. Its clever path planning connects you to the closest location, allowing your emails to be sent quicker.
- Follow the path of the emails from beginning to conclusion. Its detailed analysis tells you which emails have bounced, as well as which recipients have unsubscribed or designated your email as spam.
- Furthermore, it provides an API for developers as well as complete sample code in a variety of languages.
There are three premium options available with SMTP2GO.
- Free Plan — This plan is ideal for testing and also for individuals with a modest email list. You may send 1000 emails each month with this subscription.
- Starter Plan: $15 per month for up to 40K emails.
- Professional Strategy –
– $75 for a 100-thousand-emails package
– $170 for a total of 250K emails
– For 500K emails, it costs $280.
-$520 for 1,000,000 emails
You’ll need a bespoke plan if you’re sending more than 3 million emails. You must contact the SMTP2GO sales team for pricing.
All of the Mailgun options listed above are the best and most cost-effective. Now it’s entirely up to you to determine what you need as well as how much money you have.
You don’t have to use Mailgun, which is one of the very popular commercial email services. You can save money by using other less expensive options. They provide comparable characteristics and might be the email delivering service you need.