Are you looking for cloning and disk imaging software? Macrium Reflect is here for you! You will get it in three versions like personal, free, and commercial. It is represented by the Macrium Software. In the year 2006, its founder personally experienced a data disaster. After that, for more than a decade now, Macrium Reflect has established its reputation for its speedy recovery bar and ability to create a safe and secure disk image.
What is Macrium Reflect?
Macrium Reflect is a backup and cloning software developed by Paramount Software UK Ltd in 2006. It is the solution to all your fears of losing your important files and folders. Macrium Reflect provides you a real-time syncing platform that can be used for cloning, incremental backups. It offers templates that can be customized by you. The platform also gives the option to schedule your backups.
Macrium Reflect has been changed through several years with advanced features and capabilities to meet customers’ retrieval needs & disk imaging requirements. The software is offered in five versions.
Starting with an original free version. It was introduced from the beginning, making the company. one of the earliest to release a free version for backup softwares. It has since proven to be a reliable solution to quickly restore an image and an operating system. All other versions offer paid solutions for home PCs, business-critical workstations, servers, and large-scale server systems. The price per PC or server is measured for licensing with ascending cost and beefier features as the individual tries from personal to business-to-business use. The best part of this software is that it is compatible with all Windows operating platforms.
Features of Macrium Reflect
● safe backups of your data
● data can be stored on local networks as well as USB drives
● the software is licensed for and is capable of meeting the needs of both commercial as well as personal users.
● disk imaging and cloning solution
● effective and continuous client support system (24X7)
●a free version of the software with a 30- day free trial is available
Want to know the best Macrium Reflect Review? See website here
In this comprehensive Macrium Reflection review, we take a close look at all aspects of the program including its user interface, key features, price, security, customer support, and more.
Many Macrium Reflect programs are available, including a free license that is suitable for personal and commercial use. All payment plans come with a 30-day free trial, allowing you to test the software before making a purchase.
Standalone lifetime licenses start at $ 75 for a simple desktop subscription. It includes all basic disk and file cloning features with centralized management through Macrium Site Manager. A more expensive server ($ 275) and a server plus lifetime licenses ($ 599) are also available.
Large-scale site backup licenses are similar to stand-alone licenses, but include discounts on bulk purchases. For example, a set of 10 workstation licenses costs $ 608 per 10 pieces, while a set of server licenses starts at $ 925 per five servers.
Macrium Reflect makes you available for everything you can expect from a leading disk cloning program. It has some advanced features as well. What does it includes:
The Macrium Reflect interface allows you to take images from your computer’s hard drive or other storage device, save them, and then view them later. This is useful if you are creating a disk image that you want to do later without a full system restore.
One of the most notable features of Macrium Reflect is its compatibility with many different files and systems. It not only supports full system backup and disk imaging, but can also be used to create copies of specific files and folders for MS Exchange and SQL Server backup and for system backups of server class operation.
All Macrium Reflect backups are fully encrypted and protected against hackers and data breaches. This is important to ensure the security of any sensitive information that you may clone.
If you are using Macrium Reflect with a work computer, you will want to take advantage of the program’s automatic backup features. By using this software you can schedule regular backups anytime.
The Macrium Reflect interface is powerful, even if it is a bit complicated.
Interface and the usage since Macrium Reflect offers a free version and a free trial with all other plans. The first step is to download the software and follow the prompts. Installation is quick and the files are relatively small.
However, after you start, you will need to spend some time exploring the Macrium Reflect interface. You may find it a bit complicated and difficult to use.
Surely, you will be very impressed with the performance of the program. Creating a disk clone or data backup for an external storage device will be very quick and efficient. 100 GB of data can be backed up for 10 minutes only!
Level of Support
The level of support you receive depends on the type of license you purchase. The free plan doesn’t include any live support, while a home subscription includes the essentials. Workstation, Server and Server Plus plans come with standard or premium support (slightly higher premium cost). Finally, technician and deployment kit licenses are always in premium support, deployment kit licenses and technician always included.
Fortunately, all plans include access to the Macrium Reflect knowledge base. Although it is not as powerful as some of the competition, it still has a lot of great resources. Among these are a fully downloadable user guide, frequently asked questions, and even an active community forum.
Macrium Reflect is supported by an impressive range of security features designed to protect your data and streamline the disk cloning process. For starters, it is easy to control access to the backup management interface. The system administrator can set explicit access rules detailing the program and who can use it.
On the other hand, all the communications between the site manager and desktop agent server are fully encrypted, protecting your data from unsafe transmissions. If necessary, you can add HTTPS security and SSL certificate to your web interface.
Although Macrium Reflect is a powerful disk cloning program with many advanced features, it is not the only option. For example, EaseUS Todo Backup is an equally powerful program with an impressive selection of advanced features. Price range begin from $ 29.95 every year, making it little more expensive than Macrium Reflect. It does not require significant technical skills and easy to use.
Although the reflect is a bit old in appearance, the look is slightly better with the free version. Fewer options, less clutter and cleaner lines. Reflect Free Imaging prevails very limited to individual partitions or disk ( file backup, no cloning, or additional options), but you will find an option to select those partitions required to rebuild the Windows operating system.
If you want a file and folder backup, you’ll need one of the paid ($ 70 or more) versions. The same deal with incremental backup, although the free version supports the difference (all changes since the initial backup). Note that even paid versions only backup folders, not individual files. You can always drag files into a folder, but it is still a bit weird.
Reflect Free provides comprehensive schedule options and differential backup.
You can not back up some folders or specific files Reflect Free, but you will find retention rules and extensive scheduling options (how lengthy and what you need to delete when you get low space), and jobs are saved as standard XML files Huh. Password protection and email notifications are only available in the pay versions.
Backup file and folder backups
The pad version of Macrium Reflect also supports enhanced backups and the ability to encrypt your backups. Other features that may be important, ransomware protection.
This means that even though ransomware has found its way into backups, you can restore it without any problems.
Other versions of the Macrium Reflect
We have been doing other versions of the Macrium Reflect for some time, but we haven’t talked about these versions. It depends on whether you are buying the program for personal use or commercial use. For most people, the home version is easier.
A single license for the Macrium Reflect 7 Home Edition will cost you $ 69.95. Which includes a computer. If you need more, you can either buy more single licenses or choose 4 packs, which gives you four licenses for $ 139.95. Granted, two single licenses will pay you, no problem if you need more than one license.
Prices for other versions of Macrium reflection
For business value, Merriam offers a variety of options depending on your company’s needs. Although licenses are even more expensive for the Macrium Reflect, licenses for the workstation cost $ 75. The server edition has a license price of $ 275, while the server plus license runs for $ 599.
How do backups show up compared to other backup tools?
Maxim Raffle Free is not the only single backup option for Windows. We’re not just talking about copying your files to an external hard drive and counting them.
Basic backup in Macrium
EUSI Backup is available while EGUS Todo Backup Free is an option. Maximized for both of them provided a similar function in the rifle-free. There are many others, but the two most popular are the fish.
If you want to pay for your backup software, but spend a little less on the Macrium Reflect 7 Home Edition, then you have other options. GoodSync is a backup and file synchronization software that has gained popularity lately. It’s a free version, but its paid GoodSync Personal V10 for only $ 49.95.
Macrium Reflect is free of charge compared to the other options described above. It establishes its today’s feature set with today’s reputation for building robust software. If all you need is a simple backup, the Simple Feature Set can really appeal to you over other options.
What about the other backup options?
In addition to the free and paid apps listed above, many backup services are available. Accidentally provided backup options for your home, but the shop has since closed. However, most services, such as Berberlys and Carbonite, give you a backup of your data every month or yearly.
You are looking to use a service that you are already paying for. Dropbox is not a backup option, but can be done as one in five panels. On a similar note, you have instructions on backing up a folder on your computer on OneDrive. If you receive 1 TB of OneDrive storage with your subscription, especially if you pay for Office 365 personal or home payment.
How to set up Macrium Reflect
Macrium Reflect is a free backup tool that allows you to choose the partition you want to backup and store it in a single file (called an image file) that can be restored later. . When you will use Macrium Reflect for creating a backup of the Windows drive, you need to go through a slightly lengthy setup procedure:
- First, visit the Macrium Reflect download page and there select the Home Use. There you will have to give your mail address.
- Second, check your registered email address for the message with that specified registration number and then follow that link for downloading the Macrium Reflect.
- Third, Open the ReflectDLHF.exe file you just downloaded.
- Fourth, Select Free under the Select installation package, choose the download location, then select the download.
- Fifth, If you have been asked about downloading WinPE components, select Yes.
- Sixth, Now select the Next option when the installer appears on the screen.
- Seventh, Next select again and accept the license agreement if prompted
- Eighth, Select again. Choose Home, then choose Next.
- Nineth, Add your registered email address & the registration code (which was given in the text message received from Macrium), now select the Next option.
- Tenth, If you deselect the box next to the register for this installation of Macrium Reflect, the program will ask you to register each time it is opened.
- Eleventh, Add your registered email address & the registration code (which was given in the text message received from Macrium), now select the Next option.
- Twelveth, Select Browse to select the install location, then select Next.
- Thirteenth, Select install.
- Finally, when the installation is finally completed, just select the Finish option to get the Macrium Reflect.
PROS OF MACRIUM REFLECT
1. User friendly interface- There are many first time users of computers, it is a Herculean task for them to understand the whole process of backing up data. Most of them aren’t even well aware of the importance of backing up their personal data using secure software. Macrium Reflect provides a one stop solution to such users. It has a user friendly interface which is easy to understand. The process of backing up data is also not cumbersome and is streamlined for users.
2. Safety of backed up data- Macrium Reflect ensures the safety of the data users back up. The safety and privacy of your data is of utmost importance to Macrium Reflect. It provides protection to your data from ransomware with Macrium Image Guardian. Moreover, the software also provides you the flexibility to choose to backup your data on the local network or USB Drive.
3. Disk cloning- With Macrium Reflect you can faultlessly copy every bit of data stored on your disk to another disk or drive. Disk cloning is safe as long as you use the right cloning software. Macrium Reflect is the exact software you need to clone your hard disk safely and effortlessly.
4. Faster backups- The data backups are done rapidly, without taking much of your time. It is also smooth and does not cause any troubles to your computer while the back up is in process.
5. Backup scheduling- Another great feature provided by Macrium Reflect is the choice to schedule your backups. Backing up data is monotonous work and you definitely don’t want to have a back process in action when you are actually using the computer. With Macrium Reflect, you can select a time that suits your needs and choose to backup during the night or any other time when you are not using the computer.
6. Free trial- Macrium Reflect gives it’s users a chance to use it’s services for free for 30 days and see if the software suits you or not. You can download a free version of the application and see the seamless experience it gives to it’s users. The users in the free trial days also get 24X7 effective customer support and all the questions are answered at the earliest possible time.
CONS OF MACRIUM REFLECT
1. Installation takes long hours- The only difficulty in using this software occurs at the time of installation. Sometimes the installation process takes a lot of time, usually the time taken could also reach up to an hour.
2. Storage requirements- The Macrium Reflect software needs good storage availability to be able to operate handily.
Macrium Reflect Is a good software to meet your backup needs. the data stored in it is well protected, encrypted and can also be stored on local as well as USB devices. The backup process does not take much time and even complete folders get backed up within a few minutes. One of the greatest advantages of using this software is the option to schedule your backups as and when it suits you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which data can be backed up using this software?
You can backup almost anything and everything using Macrium Reflect. Images, videos, audios, pdfs or any other type of data that you wish to backup can be backed up using the application. There are no restrictions on the type of file or document you wish to upload. In fact, with Macrium Reflect, you can also backup complete folders at one go.
2. Where is the backed up data stored?
Macrium reflect gives you the choice to back up and store your data on local networks or USB devices as per your preference.
3. Is disk cloning possible?
Of course it is possible. With Macrium Reflect you can clone your hard disk safely with each and every part of your disk being cloned efficiently.
4. How to restore backed up data on Macrium Reflect?
You can restore your backed up data by going to the main window of Macrium Reflect.
In the main window select restore backup from there select files and folders. From the various files and folders select the folder from which you want to restore your data.
Select the files that you wish to restore. Click on next.
Select a new location for the data to be restored. Click on finish. Your data will be restored and saved in the new location which you selected for it while restoring.
5. Is there any option of availing a free trial?
Yes of course, you can get a free trial of Macrium Reflect. The free trial is for 30 days. In these 30 days you will be provided all the standard plan benefits and you can backup all your files and folders seamlessly.
6. Is customer support active?
Users get 24X7 effective customer support, with all your queries being resolved at the earliest.
Even during the free trial, users are given the availability of an active customer support to settle all their grievances.
7. How long does the backup process take?
The backup process is quick and it does not cause any troubles to your computer while the backup is in process. Entire files and folders are backed up without taking much time.
8. Is it safe?
Ensuring safety to the data being backed up using Macrium Reflect is of extreme importance to us. You data is protected from ransomware with Macrium Image Guardian.
Let’s sum up
Macrium Reflect is one of the most powerful disk cloning and data backup programs available. Its user interface is a bit complex, but it is fast and has an impressive range of advanced features.
In addition, the pricing limitations of the program reflect the growing needs of large businesses, and even a free plan is available for those in need of basic disk imaging. Mainly, we suggest Macrium Reflect as the best option for anyone who is looking for a powerful disk cloning solution. Therefore, we recommend you try this once in your life to have a unique experience. For more useful information stay connected with us. As we always share what you love.