Are you seeking alternatives to OptinMonster which will help you to build the email list and promote offers? Although OptinMonster is such an amazing tool, it is quite pricey, especially if you intend to use it on several sites. It also has limitations in terms of style and the extent to which it integrates with WordPress. While both products are excellent for conversion optimization, lead generation, & mailing list growth, they do differ in several areas. In this comparative guide, we will pit these two applications against one other to determine which is a good fit for you. We’ll be looking closely at the main elements that each of these has to offer to see who has anything superior. Finally, it is totally up to you to determine which is better for your company – Adoric or Optinmonster.
To make things easier for you, below are the features of both applications we’ll be comparing. This list contains anything for you if you are looking for a less priced alternative to OptinMonster or even a slightly different technique. We’ve created a list of 9 OptinMonster alternatives. Some have nearly similar traits, whereas others take a different approach. But, by the way, virtually all of them cost less than the OptinMonster!
Let us get started…
Thrive Leads is a very good WordPress list-building plugin created by Thrive Themes. It includes a drag-and-drop graphical template builder, integrations with important email marketing systems, built-in A/B analysis, and a powerful set of triggering or targeting rules from OptinMonster.
Thrive Leads’ Key Characteristics
- screen fillers, Pop Ups, scroll mats, & notification bars are just a few examples of opt-in forms.
- There are several pre-designed opt-in themes.
- The drag-and-drop visual layout builder developed mostly on the Thrive Architect custom page plugin.
- A/B testing is included to enable the variation of various designs.
- Targeting rules
- Analytics are pre-installed.
- It is compatible with over 30 online marketing platforms.
- Several triggers exist, including departure intent.
Where Thrive Leads Exhibits Its Best Performance
When compared to OptinMonster, Thrive Leads shines in numerous areas, including its visual builder. Popups are built with the drag-and-drop image displayed inspired by the popular Thrive Architect custom page plugin.
Thrive Leads & OptinMonster are also almost comparable in other aspects, like the built-in A/B testing & SmartLinks, which enable you to display different pop-ups to users who have previously subscribed to the mailing list.
Where Thrive Leads Falls Short of OptinMonster
Thrive Leads, in my opinion, lags below OptinMonster in regards to targeted criteria.
Although you often get a good set of targeting parameters, it lacks the depth and adaptability of OptinMonster. Nonetheless, you obtain all of the necessary regulations, as well as the majority of the population are unlikely to notice a difference.
In this list, Convert Pro is undoubtedly the best alternative to OptinMonster. If someone transformed OptinMonster into such a WordPress plugin, it’d be similar to Convert Pro.
The graphical drag-and-drop interface, incorporated A/B testing, and one of the most comprehensive targeted criteria on the list, and a wealth of pre-built templates are included.
It is, by far, one of the greatest OptinMonster alternatives in the list.
Convert Pro’s Key Features
- Popup themes that have already been developed.
- Interface has a visual design & drag-and-drop capabilities.
- Extensive targeting criteria, including page-level targeting & referrer detection.
- There are several causes, including the urge to leave.
- A/B & multivariate tests are pre-installed.
- Incorporates of over 35 other companies, including well-known companies such as Mailchimp, Aweber, and many others.
- The mobile design tool that gives you full control of the user interface.
You can monitor the analytics data via Google Analytics thanks to the Google Analytics link. You may also import the data in WordPress & examine it on the WordPress dashboard.
How Can I Locate Convert Pro Excels?
We can’t think of any particular areas where Convert Pro surpasses OptinMonster, but that isn’t a criticism.
Elementor Popup Builder
Elementor is among the most popular WordPress homepage layouts. Whereas the free version on WordPress is based on developing page content, the Elementor Pro, premium version, includes a dedicated Popup Builder, making it an ideal alternative to OptinMonster.
Elementor excels at giving considerable creative freedom attributed to the reason that its core plugin is now a visual page builder. Furthermore, Elementor falls behind in respect of built-in statistics as Well as testing — or, to be more specific, such facilities need not exist. As a result, if you appreciate design freedom, Elementor Pro is the superior choice to OptinMonster. If statistics as Well as a testing are important to you, you should choose a different tool.
Bloom is an email list creation tool created by Elegant Themes, the makers of the well-known Divi WordPress theme/plugin. It promotes the email list market by expanding a multitude of pre-built themes, 19+ email campaigns connections, and several WordPress-specific triggers. While this lacks the aesthetic and targeted criteria versatility of OptinMonster, it does provide some fantastic capabilities and is a viable option if you’re after something little easier than OptinMonster.
Key Characteristics of Bloom
- There are almost 100 pre-made popup templates available.
- Change the text & colour palette of the templates (yet not any drag-and-drop editor).
- Popups are classified into six types, including inline forms, slide-ins, and content locks.
- Targeting rules are applied at the top of every page.
- There are six trigger events (yet no exit intent).
- It is compatible with more than 19 different email marketing.
- A/B testing is included.
- Stats are pre-installed, and there is a possibly the best dashboard for viewing them.
Where Bloom Outperforms
Bloom lacks several unique WordPress-specific events as compared to OptinMonster. For example, you might show a popup if someone comments on the site or performs a WooCommerce transaction. There are numerous intriguing use scenarios there, such as displaying a CTA that engages individuals after they submit a remark.
Bloom is a little simpler to use because it simply requires you to alter the content & colours of such a pre-built theme to build your popup. That, though, is indeed a drawback.
Bloom attempts to surpass OptinMonster in the following areas:
Bloom far outperforms OptinMonster in terms of visual design possibilities. Bloom simply allows you to choose from pre-designed themes to customise the colours & content. If you don’t need extensive design options, this may suffice. If you like OptinMonster’s drag-and-drop designer, you might be disappointed with Bloom’s design ideas.
Ninja Popups has been one of CodeCanyon’s most powerful WordPress popup plugins, of over 35,000 downloads as well as an excellent 4.34-star rating depending on over 1,700 reviews. It is indeed one of its most economical OptinMonster rivals, costing only $27. It also has a great feature set, however the user interface may not be as user-friendly like OptinMonster.
Ninja Popups’ Key Characteristics
Several pre-designed popup layouts are available. Drag-and-drop popup editor, however you may not get it as user-friendly as most of the other products on the list.
- Page-by-page targeting.
- Pop-up windows can be scheduled.
- Statistics that are integrated.
- A/B testing is included.
- There are several triggers, including departure intent.
- Popups have over 10 different alignment options.
- There seem to be over 40 connections with the most significant email marketing suppliers in the business.
- Content lockers that appear on the screen.
Where Ninja Popups Works the Best –
Ninja Popups’ major strength, in my opinion, is its price. And although the user interface may not be as user-friendly as that of OptinMonster and some of the other programs on our listing, you get many of the same features for a one-time price of $27 plus lifetime updates. As a result, if price is the most important factor, Ninja Popups is the fantastic choice.
Where Ninja Popups Fall Short of OptinMonster
As previously said, the Ninja Popups interface is less pleasant or user-friendly than the OptinMonster layout. Furthermore, Ninja Popups misses the targeting features provided by OptinMonster.
Icegram is offered in 2 flavours: a free edition with restricted features on WordPress.org as well as a premium version with considerably greater flexibility. Given that you’ll be looking for a replacement for OptinMonster, you are usually more interested in the paid subscription, which provides better feature parity to OptinMonster at a lower cost. As a consequence, you can focus on the premium edition.
Icegram’s Key Characteristics
- There are more than 100 already-built popup themes available.
- Statistics that are integrated.
- There are several trigger rules, including for exit intent.
- A/B testing is included.
- Page-by-page targeting.
Icegram excels in the following areas:
- Apart from cost, you may not feel Icegram beats OptinMonster in any major way.
- Nonetheless, the cost is substantial, hence why Icegram is included on this list.
- Where Icegram Falls Short of Competing with OptinMonster
The lack of customising possibilities is one of Icegram’s drawbacks. While you have access to over 100 templates, you cannot develop custom designs with drag-and-drop unlike OptinMonster & a few more tools on the list.
OptiMonk, like all of the preceding OptinMonster competitors on our list, is indeed a platform-independent solution. That is, this is not a WordPress plugin in & of itself, though it does connect with the WordPress & other systems.
Unlike OptinMonster, OptiMonk is solely dedicated to assisting eCommerce businesses. So, if you run an eCommerce business, you’ll get a slew of useful tools to help you expand your lists, improve sales, and minimise cart abandonment. If you don’t have an eCommerce store, you will probably choose a different solution from this list.
Key Benefits of OptiMonk
- There are almost 200 pre-built templates.
- Popup editor with a visual drag-and-drop interface.
- Detection of shopping trolley abandonment.
- Targeting criteria depending on the contents of a shopper’s shopping cart (and many other rules, also).
- Notification bars for adding items to a shopping cart.
- There are several trigger rules, including departure intent.
- There are several sorts of popups, including fullscreen, popup, nanobar, luck wheel, & scratchcard.
- Analytics are built-in.
- A/B testing is built in.
- Integrations with the most major eCommerce systems, such as WooCommerce, Shopify, & BigCommerce, among others.
Where OptiMonk Outperforms
For its emphasis on eCommerce, OptiMonk simply outperforms OptinMonster whenever it relates to eCommerce-specific marketing. It includes specialised templates or features, for instance, to assist you in reducing cart abandonment, & you may target pop ups depending on the goods in a shopper’s basket. It also features one-of-a-kind popups, such as a fortunate wheel.
Where OptiMonk Falls Short of OptinMonster
Since OptiMonk is centered on eCommerce, it isn’t a viable OptinMonster option if you don’t have an eCommerce business.
8.WordPress Subscribe Pro
WP Subscribe Pro is the lightweight plugin that may help you develop your email list. It may not have as much capability as OptinMonster, yet it is really basic and straightforward to set up. So, if you found OptinMonster to be a bit too feature-rich or complicated for your requirements, WP Subscribe Pro could be a suitable budget-friendly option. However, if you’re after something with the same level of efficiency as OptinMonster, you should look into Thrive Leads or the Convert Pro.
WP Subscribe Pro Key Benefits
- Popup templates that have already been created.
- Colors and text can be customised.
- Targeting at the page level.
- A strong set of trigger choices is available, including departure intent.
- Compatibility with the most widely used email marketing systems.
- Cookie settings can be used to limit how frequently users view pop-ups.
Where WP Subscribe Pro Outperforms –
WP Subscribe Pro is particularly strong in two aspects.
- For starters, it is a lot easier to use than OptinMonster. If you do not require all of OptinMonster’s sophisticated capabilities, WP Subscribe Pro may be a better choice.
- Second, it’s extremely cheap, starting at only $19 for use with a single website.
Where WP Subscribe Pro Falls Short of OptinMonster
WP Subscribe Pro just does not have quite so many capabilities as OptinMonster in terms of:
- Design adaptability.
- Targeting guidelines.
- A/B testing and analytics
If you’re after something basic, that may work. WP Subscribe Pro, on the other hand, is probably not a smart solution if you really want feature equality with OptinMonster.
WordPress.org offers a restricted free version of WP Subscribe.
Following that, premium pricing starts at $19 for the single site & goes up to $48 for an unrestricted site licence.
Finally, there’s Popup Maker, a famous WordPress-specific popup solution. According to WordPress.org, it is active from over 600,000 sites and has a 4.9-star rating based on over 4,000 reviews.
Popup Maker outperforms OptinMonster whenever it refers to WordPress-specific trigger or targeting rules, but the popup design interface isn’t as user-friendly and flexible. It is available for free on WordPress.org, as well as a variety of paid extensions.
Key Features of Popup Maker
- There are several popup display positions, such as slide-ins, notification bars, floating sticky pop ups, and more.
- Integrations with well-known WordPress form plugins including Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, and others.
- Integrations with well-known email marketing providers such as Mailchimp & Aweber.
- Targeting rules that are detailed, containing WordPress-specific criteria.
- There are several trigger rules, including departure intent.
- Add-ons for various popup usage, such as login popups, age gates, idle logout, and others.
Where Popup Maker Shines
Popup Maker has a significant edge over the OptinMonster in terms of WordPress-specific regulations. You may, for example, target WordPress user accounts, whether or not any user is signed in, & whether or not a user has made a remark. Because OptinMonster is platform-agnostic, it does not support WordPress-specific targeting.
Where Popup Maker Falls Short of OptinMonster
In terms of design, Popup Maker falls far short of OptinMonster. There is no visible drag-and-drop builder, therefore it is more difficult to construct a great popup without original CSS. Furthermore, Popup Creator lacks A/B testing.
The core Popup Maker plugin is free to download from WordPress.org.
Following that, you may purchase individual addons for $15 or more apiece for usage on a particular site. Alternatively, you may buy a package of extensions for as little as $87 each year for usage on one site.
Are you seeking alternatives to OptinMonster? Then you’ve come to the correct place. We ha ‘ve tried every OptinMonster option.
- Criteria for selecting a lead magnet/popups
- What OptinMonster can & cannot provide
- Three of the finest OptinMonster alternatives
Criteria for selecting a lead magnet/popups
- You select a mailing list with a sole intention of converting or engaging website visitors.
- These are the characteristics you should absolutely consider when selecting a lead magnet.
- It should be simple to use.
- Those pop ups should allow you to quickly change the colours, sizes, and fonts to suit the brand.
When trying to decide on popup apps, consider mobile sensitivity. Many popup apps work well with sites but fall short when it comes to mobile responsiveness. Integrations with major email marketing platforms such as ConvertKit, MailChimp, & Autopilot, among others. When selecting a lead magnet, the following features must be present:
- Exit-intent technology for selecting the appropriate triggers
- Scrolling and time-based technologies to activate at the appropriate moment
Tools for developed prototype, such as:
- Targeting based on traffic source ( social networks, search engines, etc.)
- Specified dates and times of day are used as targets.
- Display only on particular website pages
- Display to new and returning visitors
- Control the frequency with which each visitor is shown.
Ready-made templates: Many users choose ready-made nice-looking templates that allow them to quickly put your popup live without any need for design.
Different types of popups: Not all of the popups function the same way on each website. As a result, several types of popups are required, such as:
- Bars at the top and bottom
- Poptins made specifically for mobile phones
- Poptins in full-screen mode
A/B Testing: Marketing isn’t done successfully until A/B testing is used. It is a must-have tool for marketers to understand which popup, content, pictures, and messaging are doing well.
Analytics: You must be able to evaluate and comprehend how different popups work based on various sites, triggers, and other factors. The popup app is useless without analytics.
Inline Forms: Inline modes are a discreet method to request emails without interfering with the user experience.
What you CAN and CANNOT get out of it –
OptinMonster is an excellent lead generation tool. They have redesigned their user interface to include analytics.
You may take advantage of these sophisticated capabilities with OptinMonster. geo-location targeting, Exit-intent technology, a coupon wheel alternative, and an inactivity sensor are all available with OptinMonster. The nicest aspect is that you may have sub-accounts and host many websites under one account. It also integrates with the WordPress, Shopify, and Google Tag Manager platforms.
OptinMonster does not provide a free trial or free version, which is something that the majority of consumers desire. Its personalised branding/watermark could only be deleted if you subscribe to its most costly plan. A/B testing, location-based triggering, inline forms, and device targeting are not available in the standard model.
In addition to the pre templates, their page provides primarily standard designs which may not be appropriate for organisations searching for more adaptable and creative themes. But what’s wonderful about the editing platform is that you can easily use its many customization options; all you have to do is put in a little effort to master its UI on your own.
Furthermore, OptinMonster’s customer care frequently takes a long time to reply and handle a specific issue. This might be because they attend to several clients at once, but if you’re a businessman who doesn’t have the benefit of choice, it might not be the best choice. If you can’t afford to lose out on these essential features, this post will provide you with OptinMonster alternatives to consider!
10. Poptin – The Intelligent Popup Tool (Free)
It is the most user-friendly interface for non-programmers. They provide a live chat option, and my issues are addressed quickly. For some, it is free, while for others, it begins at $19 per month (the best part). They provide all of the functionality we want without sacrificing fundamental features like inline forms, A/B testing, location-based triggering, and device triggering. In terms of features, you can find a list of all the features accessible in the free plan there.
Poptin has all the Integrations such as:
- Integration with MailChimp
- Integration of Constant Contact
- Integration with iContact
- Integration with Hubspot
- Integration in a Nutshell
- Integration with Zapier
Why is Poptin a superior OptinMonster substitute?
Poptin is an easy-to-use lead generating tool that hels users to build aesthetically attractive popups & forms. These opt-ins allow businesses to interact with more visitors, increase customer retention, recover abandoned carts, expand their email list, and increase revenues. With Poptin’s sophisticated capabilities, you can maximise the potential of the opt-ins & improve conversions more quickly.
Following are among the most important considerations for you:
- It is simpler and faster to use.
- It includes over 40 completely responsive templates.
- Poptin prioritises customer service.
- Poptin offers a free plan.
- When compared to OptinMonster, Poptin offers all of the essential features.
- Their user interface is contemporary and easy to use.
- It has a variety of templates for every use.
- Poptin provides assistance to marketers and digital firms.
- You can add an unlimited number of domains.
- Poptin allows you to use a popup without requiring an opt-in (OptinMonster may not hel you to do that).
- Accessibility — Poptin popups have accessibility aria tags, auto-focus, and are suitable for screen readers, among other features.
- The mobile version might be treated differently than the internet version.
With the Poptin characteristics, you can choose whether now is the perfect moment to test this option. To further assist, we will include a comparison chart at the conclusion. Meanwhile, if this has persuaded you, you may test Poptin for free.
11. Sumo – The Email List Builder (Free)
Sumo is almost certainly as ancient as OptinMonster. Sumo is also incredibly easy to use and offers a lot of design versatility. They categorise pop ups depending on their aims and include a manual option that allows for fine control over form display. Sumo is also wonderful since you will start using it for free. As it awaits for user activity, a click-trigger popup is fantastic. That Sumo feature is fantastic. Features that focus on user behaviour and activity are appealing.
How many integrations are included in the free plan? Many features have ambiguous pricing that you will only understand when you subscribe. The design editor takes some getting used to, as well as the free plan only includes a few connectors. The free plan will shortly become obsolete. They refer to this as the “smart-mode” function, which is only accessible for exit intent, thus sophisticated triggering is not accessible with the free plan. A/B testing also isn’t a fundamental function accessible in the free plan. They do, however, provide superior customer service than OptinMonster.
Sumo is the best option if:
- You are comfortable with simple integrations.
- You’re seeking a free or low-cost alternative to OptinMonster.
- You don’t require A/B testing or sophisticated triggers (Poptin is way better here)
- There is little emphasis on accessibility or mobile versions.
- If you’d like a basic tool with a variety of popups, this is the tool for you.
- Designs are limited.
If you’d like a simple tool to assist you with common user triggers & assistance, this is the tool for you. Because Sumo operates on a freemium basis, you will have accessibility to all of their capabilities, but there will be certain limitations, such as:
- There are a maximum of 200 subscribers.
- Templates are limited.
- Email connections at their most basic
- Basic email assistance (no live support)
- Basic visitor profiling
- There is less influence over the design.
Other great features they have, such as Heatmap, picture sharer and or highlighter, & discovery app, are useful to me. Sumo is a decent Optinmonster substitute. It’s ideal for list building and content marketing. This may assist you in selecting a superior choice. If you’re in eCommerce and use Shopify, Vitals could be useful- it’s a lightweight all-in-one with a Pop Ups function.
12. Sleeknote – Popup Software for Enterprises
Sleeknote offers the greatest website design of any company. It has more features and perhaps more integrations than OptinMonster. Sleeknote is unquestionably geared for E-commerce Marketers. So, if you have a large number of visitors, look no further. Sleeknote is the solution. The same notion is also validated by their price website.
What makes Sleeknote superior to OptinMonster?
Here are a few examples:
- Sleeknote performance comparison and goal monitoring are cutting-edge features that no one else has.
- It has the most templates available anywhere.
- Templates that are more adjustable, as well as popup placement
- You may display teasers as well as social proof.
- It includes interactive features like radio buttons & dropdown menus.
- It has the most configurable elements to add.
- It has the most triggering and segmenting functions.
- It is the one with the most integrations.
- If you’re a small firm or an agency, you won’t need as many features.
- There is no freemium model, however all functions are available for a 7-day trial.
- However, in terms of functionality, it is one of the greatest OptinMonster alternatives.
Let’s Sum Up
Each tool has its own set of features, market, persona, and benefits. If you’re looking for an OptinMonster alternative, here are some reasons why you should go with these tools:
- Poptin is a free tool with a lot of features, 40+ integrations, excellent customer service, and gorgeous themes.
- Sumo is a free tool with limited functionality and subscribers, but it is simple to use and has basic connections.
- Sleeknote: Enterprise software for E-commerce marketers with all the capabilities and companies with large website traffic.
If this post has persuaded you to try any software in whatever manner – Give a Try. All of these are completely reliable.